Thursday 23 February 2017

F*$£*&^ B!$*&!£ Windows


Thursday 16th February 2017 - Microsoft

That kind, considerate and ever thoughtful company Microsoft forcibly installed its Anniversary Update on my computer late on Thursday evening.  On Friday morning I came down to find the machine still on.

Getting onto the Internet, sending passwords, etc has now become a nightmare.  The whole system is completely slugged.  It feels like I am back on dial-up.  There is, of course, no news as to when this American Giant will sort out its own mess.


Saturday 18th February 2017 - WDW

I didn't go and nobody has told what went on.  As there is no meeting on Monday (20th) I will have to wait until next Monday (27th) to find out.


Monday  20th February 2017

Luckily for me I have another computer with Linux (Ubuntu 16.10) as the primary operating system.   I am migrating everything I can to this machine even though it is only 32 bit.  It might be possible to dual boot my 64 bit computer if I can get Windows 10 make some room (another nasty Windows trick).  Meanwhile I will struggle on in the Microsoft  midden.


Thursday 23rd February 2017 

My other hobby - Folk Dancing - has been taking up my time this week - Monday at Great Preston (nr Castleford); Tuesday calling at Sherburn in Elmet and Wednesday at Barnsley.  Will be sharing the calling on Friday at Wrenthorpe (Wakefield) as well.

No commitments next week so maybe, just maybe, I can fit in some wargaming!  I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment