Thursday 30 March 2017

A Missed Deadline

Yes I know I missed a posting last Thursday - it was just that I had nothing to say - an unusually quiet week.


Saturday 25th March 2017 - WDW

Another Baroque scrap between the Swedes and the Spanish.  History also repeated itself with a Swedish victory (but Gustavus was alive at the final whistle this time).


Monday 27th March 2017 - WDW

14 of us turned up tonight:

"King of ther Battlefield" - Prussians v French
"Damnation Z War 1" - a figure game on a gridded 'battlefield'.  Intrepid adventurers fighting zombie hordes!
DBM - Early Libyan v Sea Peoples.  I had one round of good fighting dice.  Another round saw me throw plenty of fours - I still lost every time against Al's higher achievements.  At close of play our central command was one off breaking and the enemy right was half an element from destruction.  A very close run thing.  It proved that determined resistance (and good dice) means that Bd(O) can hold out against Wb(F).


Thursday 30th March 2017

A visit to Mapplewell library meant that I found this:

It's in a series that started with "The Long Earth" (which I have read),;"The Long War", "The Long Mars" and "The Long Cosmos".  The blurb for the last states that it is "The closing chapter in the awesome Long Earth story"!   At a hefty 434 pages this is going to take me some time to get through!

Meanwhile I have re-started painting with the Vikings getting some attention (at last) and some repair work to a broken Dalek (a long story).

I should be going to Cannon at Retford this Sunday.  Need some tiny dice holders.  Might end up with something else as well - I'm a wargamer after all!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment