Thursday 2 March 2017

Still Struggling

Saturday 18th February 2017 - WDW

Yes that far back!  Apparently there was a big 7YW game going on with French v British in India.  Both sides were supported by local sepoys.  Rules used -  "Honors of War" (Osprey).


Monday 27th February 2017 - WDW

"Honors of War" - repeat of Saturdays game but on a much smaller scale. 
"Oregan" boardgame (3 handed) - a popular option for the club 'spares'.

DBM - Maccabean Jewish (Al) v Arabo-Aramaean (Tom & Andy).  No Chris this week.  Andy set up 3 commands and I had to hold the left (more than Mr Corbin could manage!).  Al was not tempted to rush his troops towards the enemy low hill - very wise.  As it happened an allied command was hiding there with 10 x  Irr Cm(O) - Al's Bette Noir!  At close of play the Arabs had suffered 2 casualties and the Jews 11.


Tuesday 28th February 2017 - Royston Library

I have pretty much exhausted their stock of relevant books but, as luck would have it, I found this:


The first that I have seen featuring the latest Doctor and Clara.  On the back it says "This trilogy of adventures across time and space follows the Doctor's search for the Glamour, the most desirable - and dangerous - artefact in the universe."  Printed in 2015 it would seem to be the first of the series.  Will have to carry out some research - and get reading.


General Notes

(1)  Yes - still struggling with the last Windows update.  I have spent hours trying to fix the mess created by Microsoft but with little success.  Writing this blog has taken quite some time with frequent failures.

(2)  Quetzalcoatl Rampant - finally got around to incorporating the 'Special Rules' & 'Upgrades' from 'Lion Rampant'.  Now, of course, I have 'The Pikeman's Lament' in my hot stickies!  I think that I should try out QR as it stands before I even think about updating them.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment