Thursday 30 November 2017

A Missing Week

Last Week - nothing to report - no wargaming activity whatsoever.  Can't say that about this week though!


Saturday 25th November 2017 - Hebden Bridge / Old Town

After spending hours in a really cold hall I tried to escape by bus.  As I got on I asked if it went to Hebden Bridge and received the curious reply 'eventually'.  The driver was true to his word as we climbed up the moors to a remote turning circle (no buildings within half a mile).  The bus came down again passing the original bus stop on the other side.  It then proceeded to wind its way around Old Town and Wadsworth taking tortuous routes through estates and very narrow roads.  When we eventually got to 'town' I started my rounds of the charity shops.

Managed to purchased another Dr Who book:


Sunday 26th November 2017 - Halifax

Luckily the snow had melted but it was drizzling (and trying to sleet).  After spending quite some time looking for a parking spot I visited the model shop.

                            http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2106

I have decided to try out this period but not to make any specific purchases - in other words if its there I will buy it.

Basically I needed to know how different the uniforms are from, later, Napoleonics (of which I have plenty).  Reasonable figure but a pain to remove from the sprue.  After much sawing , cutting and filing they have started chemical processing (and I have a blister).

I have done very little in the way of painting for maybe 5 or 6 months.  Today I gave my Aztecs a bit more covering - better a little progress than none I suppose! 


Monday 27th November 2017

Downloaded a pdf of these ancients rules.  It does not use dice (a bonus for me if ever there was one) but does employ playing cards.  I'm looking for a successor to DBM (which I think has stagnated).  So far I have tried "Triumph" and "Impetus" but neither have grabbed my attention.


WDW - 4 games going on:

Impetus - Samurai 1600
Bolt Action - US Marines v Japanese
Oregan - boardgame
DBM - Lysimachus at Ipsus v Antigonus One-Eye - I managed to throw quite good dice until it mattered.  After that the C-in-C was killed and my command crumbled. 

3 issues of Miniature Wargames turned up (413-415).  Will give them a quick perusal before returning them to the club stockpile.  Don't expect much - review in due course.



No comments:

Post a Comment