Thursday 2 November 2017

Back from 'Foreign Parts' (almost Lancashire)


Friday 27th October 2017

DB Colonial - played out two trial games making many mistakes along the way.  Didn't really need the DBN rules - attrition is optional (shaken status) and the terrain section is pure Barkereese (so I used DBA v3.0).  Discovered that Camels and Irregular cavalry are useless.  Will, maybe, give it another go when I find the time (and the enthusiasm).


Saturday 28th October 2017 - Halifax

After leaving home at 09.45 I eventually arrived at Mytholmroyd at approx 13.30 hrs.  A non-existant bus at the start meant a diversion to Wakefield (and 40 min wasted)  After that two trains - changing at Leeds.  Before taking the last leg (by bus) I stopped off at the Halifax Model Shop where I purchased two boxes:



Caesar H029 - Ancient Chinese Shang vs Zhou Dynasty Troopers BC 1050
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/FirstLook.aspx?id=1373  [Awaiting Review]
When I figure out which is which I will decide where to employ these figures.



HaT 8271 - Dervish Warriors
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2016
Yet more 'canon-fodder' for my Imperials.  They are a trifle petite compared to other manufacturers.


Sunday 29th October 2017 - Mytholmroyd

All this travel meant that I demolished yet another Dr Who book:

Featuring Smith & Pond - better than I expected. A stealthy invasion.


Monday 30th October 2017 - WDW

6mm Sci-Fi (hover tank commander)
DBM - Later Crusaders v Fatimid Egyptian - another draw
Impetus - Wars of the Roses in 15mm
Colonial - Sikh wars 28mm (rules unknown)

Thanks to Deany & Chris for info.


Tuesday 31st October 2017

The return journey was much easier - catching the bus to Halifax at 09.35 I was home by 11.30 hrs.  The King's Cross train was pretty fast and let me off at Wakefield Kirkgate.  The final bus was only 10 minutes late!

I picked up another Dr Who book (Smith & Pond again) in Halifax and started on it during the journey (more on that later).


No comments:

Post a Comment